Collection and Use of Information
We will collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, employer’s name, address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address. The Alliance may use and store such information in order to notify you of official Alliance business, provide a product or service you requested, secure your membership status, evaluate member and prospective member needs and interests, and alert you of Alliance news, activities, services and benefits. Personally identifiable information may be given to a third party in order to complete a specific business transaction on behalf of the Alliance. Contact information from inquiries received by the Alliance may be shared with Alliance members to provide a service, satisfy a question, or develop a prospective business relationship. The Alliance will not rent, sell or share your personally identifying information to outside individuals or organizations.
The Alliance reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their advertising banners. The Alliance will provide only aggregated data from these analyses to third parties.
Registration and Order Forms
To attend events, meetings, conferences and request products, you may be required to complete a registration or order form and provide personally identifiable information which we will use to process your registration or order. In addition, your name and contact information may appear on registration or attendee lists distributed at Alliance events, meetings and conferences to other attendees and third parties.
Online registration and information such as credit card numbers will be secured using a commercially accepted method of encryption. However, while we employ reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information sent over our Web site, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission is completely infallible, and we cannot guarantee its absolute safety.
Links to other Web sites
The Alliance does not market its products or services to children. We do not knowingly collect information from Web site users under 18 years of age.
Updating personal information
At any time you may contact the Alliance by contacting us via e-mail, phone or fax to review, correct, or update your personally identifiable information, and to opt-in to, or opt-out of any service. We will provide opt-in and opt-out opportunities as applicable to the service or product being offered.
The Privacy Notice posted on this site was updated on or about September 17, 2013.
In order to keep the Alliance’s Web site attractive and useful for all users, the Alliance requires that all users adhere to the following rules:
1. Respect other visitors to this site. Feel free to express yourself, but do not do anything to injure or harm others. Users are expected to exercise both common sense and courtesy in the messages they transmit from this site. Defamatory, obscene, and other offensive communications are not acceptable forms of communication over this site and could lead to liability for those engaging in such improper communication.
2. Do not use the Alliance’s Web site to conduct activities that may be illegal. The Alliance’s Web site may not be used to encourage anything to do with illegal drugs, gambling, pornography, prostitution, child pornography, robbery, spreading computer viruses, cracking into private computer forums, software infringement, trafficking in credit card codes, or other crimes.
3. Do not use the Alliance’s Web site to defame or disparage any members of the Alliance or any other persons.
4. Do not use the Alliance’s Web site to communicate with competitors about prices or terms of service or otherwise communicate in a way that may provide the basis for an inference that users agreed to take any action relating to prices, services, production, allocation of markets or any other matter having a market effect. Be sensitive to other matters that may raise particular antitrust concern including membership restrictions, codes of ethics, fees, billing practices, product standardization or certification. The same rules against illegal agreements in restraint of trade which apply at members' meetings apply to communications on this site.
5. Do not upload or distribute files subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights except with the express consent of the owner of the rights.
6. Respect the security of this Web site. Do not attempt to gain access to areas private to the Alliance or its members.
7. This site may not be used in a manner that violates the Alliance’s bylaws or any of its other policies, procedures, rules or regulations.
8. Information posted on this site will not be treated as confidential. In fact, since this site's communications may be downloaded without the knowledge of the sender(s), users should use care when posting or sending communications.
9. The Alliance reserves the right to modify or change the rules as it determines from time-to-time in the best interests of the Alliance.
The Web Site Rules of Use posted on this site were updated on or about September 17, 2013.
All materials and information posted on the Alliance Web site are the property of the Alliance, whether or not a copyright notice appears on the screen displaying the information. Users of the Alliance Web site may save and use information contained therein only for personal use. No other use, including reproduction, retransmission or editing, of the information and materials posted on the Alliance’s Web site may be made without the prior written permission of the Alliance, which may be requested by contacting the Alliance’s headquarters.
The names, trademarks, service marks and logos of the Alliance may not be used in any manner without Alliance's prior written consent.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Links or pointers on the Alliance’s Web site to other Internet sites are provided as a courtesy only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Alliance of the site, the individual or organization sponsoring the site, or any product, service or organization referenced on the site. Linked sites (those sites with an address that does not contain “materialtestinganddrillersalliance.com”) are not under the control of Alliance and Alliance is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or of any link contained within a linked site, or for any changes or updates to such sites.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall the Alliance or any of its affiliates, or the officers, directors, employees, members, or agents of each of them, be liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the Alliance’s Web site or listservs.
The Alliance is providing information and services on this Web site as a benefit and service in furtherance of the Alliance's non-profit and tax-exempt status. The Alliance makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information posted on the Web site, and the Alliance assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use or misuse of such information. The Alliance makes no representations about the suitability of this information and these services for any purpose. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the Alliance does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, product, process, service or organization presented or mentioned on the Alliance Web site, and information from the Web site should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement. The Alliance expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, reliance on, or inability to use, the Alliance Web site or the information presented on the site.